George Porter, Jr. is best known as the bassist of The Meters, along with Art Neville, Leo Nocentelli and Joseph Zigaboo Modeliste. The group was formed in the mid '60s and came to be recognized as one of the progenitors of funk then called R&B. The Meters disbanded in 1977, but reformed in 1989. Today the original group still plays the occasional reunions but the Funky Meters, of which Porter and Neville are still members, most prominently keeps the spirit alive.
Porter's rhythmic work in the Meters in lockstep with drummer Zigaboo Modeliste was epic. Those pockets, the long notes and fat holes, provided the cushion for Leo Nocentelli or Art Neville to play or sing over and created some of R&B history's most memorable grooves.
- All sales final, NO refunds or exchanges, events are rain or shine.
- This event is 18+ with a $5 minor surcharge, to be collected at the door.
- Tickets purchased at box office will be inclusive of fees.
- Once you’ve purchased, you will receive an order confirmation email from See Tickets on behalf of 'Heard Presents' with your eTicket(s) attached. eTicket’s can be printed OR, go green and download the See Tickets App on your smartphone!
- IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation or have any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to access the See Tickets help center.
George Porter Jr. & Runnin’ Pardners
Garrett Lebeau Band / Garrett Lebeau