Doors 6 PM
Show 7 PM
Pricing per car - 4 patrons max per vehicle
$110 VIP - preferred parking
The trajectory of Bumpin Uglies started over a decade ago, making music with friends, playing backyard parties, and anywhere else they could get a gig. For Brandon Hardesty, lead vocals and guitar, it was a simple time, but one that taught him lessons that stay with him today as he leads the band into the 2020s. One was that he would do whatever it took for him and his band to be successful. Another was in discovering that doing it his way was the only way, which still applies today. Bumpin Uglies do things their way, free to play, think, and write however they feel, critics, and the mainstream music industry be damned.
In the early days, Hardesty was hustling waiting tables while stoking his musical fire with every minute of free time he had. A point came years ago when he knew it was time to put up or shut up if he was going to make a career as a musician, so he dug into doing all of the things it takes to grow Bumpin Uglies from a grassroots local band into a nationally touring act. It took a tireless DIY ethic; and it still does, but if Brandon did not have the singular focus on breaking through and achieving his musical dreams, the story of Bumpin Uglies wouldn’t be what it is today.
Bumpin Uglies are a band that has hoisted themselves up and forged their own path, but even as they look around at where they are, how far they have come, it is clear to them that there is so much more work to do and they continue to do it every day. Fresh off the successful release of their EP “Buzz”, they have a new album called “Keep your suitcase packed.”, released on 6/12/20 via Ineffable Music Group. With the help of bassist Dave “Wolfie” Wolf, drummer TJ Haslett, and keyboardist/master shredder Chad Wright, they are doing just that.
To Hardesty, it feels natural. Life has brought about changes that see him writing songs from a new perspective. “I’ve always written about things that are real to me, and that I hope people can relate to. Struggles, dreams, partying, love, friends; real-life shit. It’s funny though. I’ve got a family at home who stopped drinking a while ago. So now I’m not necessarily writing about crazy partying, but I am still going to write what’s real, what I’m feeling, and, honestly, I have been feeling incredible lately, and I am psyched on what it’s doing for my writing.”
Bumpin Uglies recently came off the road having to cancel their spring tour due to COVID-19. Brandon and the band have been keeping their rabid fan group “Uglies Nation” entertained with full band live streams and hosting a sold out Drive-In concert until the world slowly gets back to a place where Bumpin Uglies can tour once again. Be sure to check out the new album, “Keep your suitcase packed." on Spotify or wherever you stream music.
Who is Bumpin Uglies?
Brandon Hardesty – Vocals, Guitar
Dave Wolf – Vocals, Bass
TJ Haslett – Drums
Chad Wright – Vocals, Keys, GuitarFamily Drive-In Theatre FAQ HERE
SPECIAL CORONAVIRUS POLICIES
1) You must maintain a 6 ft distance between you and other movie guests
2) It is highly recommended that you wear a mask or face covering during your visit. Masks are currently required when in our building- which is our restrooms.-- It's optional otherwise but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
3) Please wash your hands and sanitize them regularly during your visit.
4) On Friday, Saturday nights- it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you purchase movie tickets ONLINE to ensure adequate parking and spacing. Ticket link: (https:familydriveintheatre.ticketleap.com)
5) We are operating at a 50% capacity- therefore our shows sell out on weekends fast! and physical distancing between vehicles is greater than normal operating capacity. If you have family or friends that want to park beside you they can, or if you don't mind another vehicle beside you- then park near a speaker pole- otherwise park in the middle of the parking spot.
6) Our concession stand is currently off-limits from patrons- therefore you must use an APP (FAN FOOD) to order concessions- and once we are done with your order we will notify you that your food is ready for pick-up. (You may download the FAN FOOD app from the Google Store or Apple Store or access our menu via your phone internet brower at: fanfood.app/familydrivein During this time we have had to suspend some food items and discontinue our popular drink/popcorn refill program.
7) Two people at a time are permitted in our restrooms- they are sanitized regularly.